Asthma is making the airways characterized by crisis in air travel in the lungs and is caused by muscle spasms and mucus secretion. It is important to distinguish between Reversible and irreversible respiratory problems – between reactive airway disease and asthma. If you are bronchial spasms and constriction only in contact with an allergen (such as pollen or food) then you response in the respiratory tract (RAD). If treated early enough with appropriate alternative therapy can often be cured. However, prolonged episodes of reactive airway disease puts a lot of pressure load on the lungs leading to tissue damage. This damage leads to asthma – a chronic, degenerative and generally irreversible condition. Secretion and bronchial obstacles are no longer solely triggered by allergies – but also to exercise, strong emotions and other events
Managing asthma requires along time strategy -. Often also incorporating medical drugs. In this article, we will combine our coverage reactive airway (RAD) and asthma. It is important, however, that if you are on medication for asthma, you do not stop drugs and to discuss any of the methods mentioned health professional phone
More than 15 million Americans have asthma. – A 33% increase from 1990 and up 66% from 1980. In 1997 more than 5,400 people died from severe asthma attacks – more than double the asthma mortality rate in 1980, 5 million children under 18 suffer from asthma – this makes it the main cause of hospitalization and school absenteeism in children
The main symptoms of asthma include :.
· shortness of breath,
· wheezing, and
During an asthma attack the bronchial tubes become partially prevent making breathing difficult. In asthma histamines and other chemicals are released and this call bronchial tubes become inflamed and flooded with mucus. Bronchioles smooth muscles contract – narrowing and blocking the airway
Attacks can be triggered by :.
· allergens, such as pollen, dust and other pollutants, including cigarette smoke, skins or dandruff, latex, cleaning chemicals, newsprint, dyes, sprays and polishes, personal hygiene products.
· food allergies or intolerances, such as aspirin, food additives (especially sulfites), yeasts or molds on foodstuffs. Common triggers food are: cow’s milk, egg, fish, tree nuts, nuts, seeds, soy, wheat, corn and citrus
· shortcomings, such as selenium and vitamin B6
· temperature changes – .. especially sudden exposure to cold air
· stress and anxiety
What you can do to treat asthma
The first place to start is to remove any know where allergens – so the body is forced to keep responding to the calls. Then diet and nutritional need attention and this is then followed by a certain herbal therapy to clear their lungs and clear mucus secretion. You want to aim to keep the immune system healthy, support and healing damage to the lungs.
· Try to remove the source of the allergen if possible. Keep dust and pollen levels under control and avoid possible ingested allergens.
· Do not smoke and do not avoid air pollutants.
· Eat a healthy diet that includes plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Onions are thought to influence asthma qualities and it is suggested that you have at least one cooked onion every day. It is best to avoid sugar and eat a diet low in animal fats. Follow a healthy diet -. This will also help the immune system
· Use a good multivitamin and mineral supplement. C additional vitamins (especially calcium ascorbate) take antihistamine properties. Magnesium is considered to widen the bronchial tubes, preventing the seizure and it also works to encourage normal response to allergens. It has been shown B6 to reduce the number of asthma attacks in the group of patients. Vitamin A (as beta-carotene) C and E and selenium should encourage recovery and prevent attacks.
· Participate in training. Exercise precipitates asthma in some people, but regular exercise can actually reduce asthma tendencies. Swimming classes for children seem to be particularly worthwhile, especially in warm, indoor pool.
Herbal remedies for asthma
asthma will respond well to herbal but it is impossible to give an herbal remedy that is appropriate in all cases. The various factors involved must be identified and remedies are selected in accordance with
Herbs that can reduce seizures and ease breathing include :.
· frame elia
· mouse ear
· pills carry spurge
· sundew and
· wild cherry.
If it is turned to be from the expectorant herbs such as the following are helpful.
· blood root,
· Comfrey root,
· licorice and
If attacks juices strength of the heart the herb motherwort will be beneficial.
If someone hypertension (high blood pressure) is involved then Hawthorn and lime (linden) blossom will be useful
If anxiety and tension are to discuss also use hops, skullcap or valerian
NOTE: .. If you have asthma never stop a pharmaceutical treatment unless you are under the supervision of a healthcare professional
Managing asthma requires along time strategy -. often also incorporating a medical drug. However, there are many things you can do to help in managing asthma and improve lung health. This will include the elimination of asthma triggers, improving diet, take supplements, use of appropriate herbal remedies, exercise and general cleansing of the body. These factors will improve overall health as well as the health of the immune system and lungs.