Movement, weather changes, emotional stress, and allergies. These are just some of the ways that asthma can be identified. Asthma affects over 300 million people worldwide, and is growing rapidly. Asthma is very important to take and one form of this is inhalers. Bronchodilators and corticosteriods are just to name a few.
First bronchodilator, this type of asthma inhaler includes metered dose brands like albuterol, pirbuterol and Advani. A bronchodilator relaxes the bronchial muscles so they will open up again. An albuterol or pirbuterol inhaler is used for fast action relief. Doctors recommend using this before and in motion to prevent the attack, as well as before bed and when you wake up.
bronchodilator opens the bronchial tubes, a corticosteriod will keep them from narrowing again. A corticosteriod is used for long-term treatment of asthma. Flovent is a common type of corticosteroids. A corticosteroid may breathe faster because duftfoimi it comes in. Your doctor may advise you to use both types of inhalers, you must consult the best to see what inhalers fit your needs.
It is very important to use asthma inhaler properly too. The recommended technique for the meter dosed asthma inhaler (which is also known as aerosol) is as follows:
1. Shake well. Be sure to shake the inhaler several times before each use
2. Do not lie down; stand with your head up straight
3. Exhale as much as possible until you feel that you have no more air inside your lungs then put the inhaler mouthpiece in your mouth, sealing it with your lips
4. After you have closed the mouthpiece begin to breathe in and simultaneously press down once and only once on the canister to release a puff
5. Pull the device out of her mouth and continue to try and breathe through the open mouth for four to five seconds until your lungs are full of air
6. After the lungs are full of air hold your breath for at least ten seconds
If after step seven you still are not breathing properly repeat steps one seven.
Incorrect asthma inhalers technique can cause poor delivery of the drug to the lungs. This most likely will occur if the delivery is late when inhaling and pressing once on the canister, a blow out half way through the process lost. It is important that you know how to use asthma inhaler before leaving the doctor’s office to help asthma attack comes on.
Asthma does not have to slow you down, with the help of inhalers and other asthma medications you can lead the life you always have.